Saturday, September 3, 2011

Welcome to the Low Cab Eating Blog.

 
Do you wonder everyday why you wake up feeling you have been hit by a truck? Do your hands and feet swell up, all puffy and you can't hardly get your ring off or on?

I'm 52 years old and for many years I've been confused about why I just keep getting fatter and fatter. I count my calories, and try to eat healthy. I was making sure I was eating lots of leafy greens and healthy choices like No soda pop, no smoking, and only occasional glass of wine.

I rode my horse for exercise but didn't do to much else, maybe a walk with my husband now and then.
Telling myself this is normal, your getting old, but really I was just getting fat and lazy.
My arthritis was acting up terrible most days, and I'm not the kind to just pop pills and call it good.

In May of this year I had hit my highest weight ever, even when I was nine months along with my children. I panicked thinking this is just going to keep going and limit me so terribly when I get even older.

I went to see my family practitioner, she did a bunch of blood tests on me and checked all my hormone levels to see if we could pinpoint the source of my current agony. After all the tests came back, nothing stuck out to us, I was post menopausal no big surprise. And she ask me what one thing was my biggest complaint. My reply; my weight. I thought if I could just lose some pounds my arthritis would ease up, the bloat in my stomach could be relieved. And generally just feel better. She sent me to the man who would actually change my whole way of thinking about my idea of eating healthy and exercise. Dr Dale Gray, an internal medicine doctor with 29 years of practice. I'm going to share his advice and my progress and recipes with the rest of you who suffer from lack of knowledge like I did.

Really that's all it was; I thought I was on track but lacked the true knowledge of how the body works.

No comments:

Post a Comment